Saturday, November 1, 1997

1997/01/11 - The Newsboys and Josh McDowell: Right From Wrong Tour

Funny how memory works.  If you had asked me if I had ever seen the Newboys in concert I would have told you no.  But clearly I have.  When I got out of college in 1996 I started working with our church's youth ministry.  I must have gone to this with them.  I do recall thinking that the concert was a decent one and at that time I was close enough to my concert going days for that opinion to mean something.  But it is also true that there is a totally different vibe at Christian concerts.  The energy is not entirely sure what to do with itself.  Which is true for non-Christian concerts as well but in the hedonistic world - the lack of liturgy allows one to embrace the possibilities rather than worry about the repercussions.

In case you haven't figured it out, I have no idea what I am talking about.





No comments:

Post a Comment